Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yarn

I know that some of my readers are sister knitters; this blog is for them.

Above is Tosh Lace, it is 100% superwash merino wool and I now own 2 skeins of 950 yards each. Now that will make one very big, yet to be designated shawl. (In real life the value of the colors is darker.)


The darker of the two yarns above is Dream in Color's Baby Lace Weight in Gothic Rose. It is 100% superfine Australian Merino Superwash. I bought it to go with the Kauni variegated yarn that I already had. I plan to make "Dusk" from "The Fine Line". I have a total of 1,770 yards. Their will be left over, or this will be one huge shawl.



This is 880 yards of 100% Baby Alpaca from Peru. It is as soft as the inside of a puppy's ears. I am using it to make a "Dancing Crane Shawl"
Last, but not least, is this Lacey Lamb 100% extrafine lambswool. I bought it because of its deeply saturated color, which my picture does not do justice to. I plan to use it to make another "Hanging Garden"
I seldom knit the same pattern twice, but this yarn called out for the sophistication of this shawl designed by Sivia Harding
If you find yourself standing near me look out for flying needles. I have 5,130 yards of new yarn (We won't count the 1,000's of yards I already have in my stash.) and I am on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment