Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cloudcroft, NM Part II

It is Monsoon Season in New Mexico. Down in Deming we anxiously hope that the scattered storms will land in our yards. In Cloudcroft the storms cover the entire territory. While I was there the village of Cloudcroft had enough hail to call out their snow clearing equipment to make the steep roads safe. Also to the south, at around 6,500 feet, they had so much rain the streets were flooded.

Most days there was rain for an hour or two in the afternoon, and one day it rained all day. Somehow that didn't matter. I was not attracted to the town that looked like a collection to tourist shops and Bar BQ joints; I stayed in the campground. When it rained we just moved inside and continued our relaxation. I read my new Kindle (which I love), knit, watched old movies on DVD, napped, and ate.


Roul is good at napping. When the temperature is below 75 F he is cold so he gets tucked under his little Night-Night. He slept peacefully because he is not bothered by storms.


On the other hand, poor Blizzard is terrified by storms. He would tuck himself either in my lap, or wedged between me and Roul, and shiver and shake until the storm was over and moved well out of earshot.

When it was nice the Boys stayed in their pen outside or walked with me.
This was their second camping trip and they have figured out that the camper will take them to new places full of new smells. They loved it. Now when I go out to empty, and clean the trailer they are hot on my heels, forcing there way past me into the trailer in anticipation of a new adventure. This is going to make loading up the trailer for our next trip a bit of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment