Sunday, August 15, 2010

Good Grief

Good grief, I haven't written for a week! Well you haven't missed anything, it has been a rather blah week. To bring you up to date:
  1. The TV set up issues are the same; I need two remotes to work the stupid thing. My calls to the local satellite installer who did the initial set up were answered; several times. I went from person to person who didn't have a clue and ended up referring me to the technical support division of Direct TV. I have yet to contact them; I need to be in tip top shape in both mind and body to deal with them on the phone and me with the TV and two remotes.
  2. My renovation work has been limited to one coat of paint on the crown molding, as well as exploration on line to learn how to install it. This may be not such a good idea. Again I need to be in tip top shape of mind and body to attempt this project.
  3. I did get one coat of paint on one of the bookcases. That one coat made me realize that because of the bookcase's very dark color three coats will be necessary.
  4. I have been knitting on a shawl. The pattern is simple and boring. My brain has fallen asleep and I have made a number of errors that must be either ignored, fixed, or ripped out. For today I am ignoring the whole project.
  5. The pressed board desk that was moved from the kitchen to the garage was in my way and I could not find a new home for it. I dragged it to the front yard and hung a FREE sign on it. I was gone in less than a half hour. I do wish they had either taken the sign with them, or walked the 30 feet to the dumpster and thrown it away, rather than ripping it off and tossing it in the yard. Oh well, at least that sucker is out of here.
  6. I attended a jewelry party. For those of you who don't know; I worked in both the fine and costume jewelry for years. I don't need any more jewelry. Oh I might have, and on occasion, have succumb to temptation, but that only occurs if the piece is very unique, or a GREAT bargain. Alas the jewelry offered for sale at the party was neither. I felt great gobs of guilt for not buying anything.
  7. Most of my week was spent trying not to rip my skin off. My allergies and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease have combined to make my body one massive, red, itching mass. I kept hoping it would get better, but it hasn't. This is its second week and I will surrender to it tomorrow morning if I don't see a marked improvement. I know what will kill it; a cortisone shot. Neither the Dr. nor I want to do that because of the long term side effects of large doses of cortisone on the body. Like Scarlett O'Hara; "I will think about that tomorrow."

Here are some pictures to bring you up to date.



The new TV on the new TV stand.

The old TV waiting for me to find out how to get rid of it. Also the contents of the book case which is currently in the garage waiting for two more coats of paint,


and here is the bookcase.

Here is the painted crown molding.


1 comment:

  1. aargh -- this sounds so much like what would happen to me if I ever had notions to try things like you have that my stomach hurts -- and not from laughing. Empathy, that's what it is -- empathy!

    It's no wonder your symptoms are aroused. I suspect you've asked for all the help you can, but if you have any more tokens to call in, do so. At least get the d----- bookcase painted by the neighbor kid. Or a good friend. I'm sending good vibes but alas, not even a paint brush -- sorry. Maybe in October???? Anyway, all kinds of empathies heading your way.

    ReplyDelete