Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birds Of A Feather

As you know from previous posts I have been cleaning out my garage. During the process (still on going) I found a flock of parrots. One of them was worn from the weather and had come unglued from his perch. The other two were fresh from a store in Mexico, purchased at least a year ago but never glued to their perches and put in the garden. One of my goals in the cleaning of the garage is to touch each item as few times as possible. That means that the parrots did not get moved to another corner, but got their feet (or where they would have feet if they were real) Gorilla Glued to their perches.

The above is the older parrot; you can see what at least 5 years of high altitude desert sun has done to his paint. The poor baby has the mange.

This is his brother who was purchased at the same time. They are now back on their double perch in the center of the garden.



This new member of the family now lives just on the edge of my covered porch.
This fellow now lives outside my dining area window.
They are fun, colorful, and have far outlasted any designed for the garden ornament I have purchased. I didn't think they would last a season.
Polly want a cracker?







1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see how they sit in your garden. I'm having trouble imagining...

    ReplyDelete