Monday, June 14, 2010

Playing with Color II

Other colors that have sucked up my time are: nail polish and yarn.
I am doing my self over as well as the house. It has been a very long time since I have really looked in the mirror. When I did look I saw a woman stressed and worn beyond her 64 years. I have no illusions about looking 30 again. I am very happy being 64. I just don't want to look 74.
Researching today's fashions for the mature woman has been fun. One of the articles I read said that manicured nails and rings make hands look younger. Since I am not about to have a hand lift (Do they do that?) I took myself off to K Mart, and Wal Mart, the high fashion shops in Deming. Lord there are endless colors of nail polish. Below is what I have chosen. A little daring, but not over the top for a woman of my years.
This is kind of fun......

The other time sucking color project is a new shawl I just cast on. The yarn has a very long run of variegation. That means it is variegated in color, but the length of each color is long and will stripe with wide stripes on a big piece as opposed to a short variegation which breaks up into small, irregular blocks of color that are very hard to control. This particular triangular shawl is cast on from the bottom and kit up to the neck. The length of the cast on is 321 stitches. That means each row will get shorter as I knit which is sort of a reward, but that my initial rows take a long time to knit. I wanted to see how the color broke so I had to knit quite a few rows. OK I didn't "have to" but I was very anxious to see how the yarn would look with the pattern.
Now if you will excuse me, I will go do my nails, and when they are dry I will knit on my new shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment