Saturday, June 19, 2010

Painting Project - Guest Bath l

I was in the bathroom all day yesterday. It is the smallest room in the house and I think a good one to start my project of painting the house. The house is all one color: dirty cream. When I say all I mean the walls, the trim, the door, the ceiling in every single room.

These pictures are of the bathroom as it stands with the addition of the paint sample I added to one wall.



Yesterday I learned how to open a 5 gallon pail of paint. (That was not easy.) I learned how to mix the paint with an attachment on the drill. (Doing this with great care and deliberation will keep paint from flying all over the garage.)



I learned that a 10 foot ceiling can be difficult to reach. That an 8 foot ladder may be a necessity but it is very difficult to maneuver in a small space.



I learned to hate textured walls and ceilings. I learned that it is good to have a hardware store nearby.

and that painting the inside of a skylight is not for the faint of heart.
Today I will fill in some holes, do a bit of masking, hit a couple of spots at the edge of the ceiling that I missed yesterday (Please of goddess of house painting, don't have me redo the entire ceiling.) I may paint three of the walls today or tomorrow. The fourth wall will have to wait until after Tuesday when the new light fixture is scheduled to arrive.
This job is going to take all summer. Still doing it myself gives me a quality job, and I will not have to deal with people who get drunk and don't show up either for the entire day, or after lunch. Plus I never take a smoke break.
Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment