Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hanging Garden Stole


This lovely ball of Silky Alpaca Lace yarn had a rough start; Roul thought it was a toy and ran around the house with it. I found it by following a trail of yarn to what remained of the ball under the bed. It took four hours to untangle and rewind it. I was not a happy knitter.
I wanted the yarn to make the lovely "Hanging Garden Stole". The yarn was so light that I determined it needed to have a bit of weight added at either end so it would drape well when worn. I made a trip to the local bead shop for the grey beads and the hand carved stone fetishes.



I started to knit in February, and this week I finished the knit, and blocked the stole. It was worth every bit of time and effort. I will wear this shawl forever; both its design and color are classic.



Sivia Harding not only designs beautiful garments, but she also knows how to write a clear, understandable, logical pattern. Bless you Sivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment