Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Designer" Lamps

I am changing over the bedroom along with the rest of the house. The blue and white quilt I made that has been on the bed since just after we married 30 years ago, has been folded with love and stored away. In it's place is a large quilt, that I also made, in a variation of the Flying Geese pattern. It is autumn colors with a black background.
On the wall is another of my quilted pieces called "Early Autumn Joy". The walls will be a cream color.
The white ceramic with blue details and gold trim I bought 35 years ago just did not go. I looked for replacements in stores, and on line. Alas the few I found were starting around $500. I don't think so!


Then it came to me; paint them! I had nothing to loose, I couldn't use them the way they were. It was fast and easy, and a great success. Now I just have to find replacement shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment