Sunday, May 2, 2010

The World Reveled



This is the source of yesterday's pictures. It is the root portion of the stump of an apricot tree. The tree was cut down several years ago and the stump left to rot. It had rotted enough that I could pull it up with ease.


I had disturbed a whole universe of bugs. After letting the stump dry out for one day in the desert sun, it was empty of most of its inhabitants. I turned it upside down, placed it on a table in the backyard and photographed it from a number of angles.


I saw beaches, caves, mountains, and sheer cliffs in the landscape of this small world.


There are miracles and marvels happening around us.

2 comments:

  1. Miracles, marvels, and miraculous things everywhere we are willing to really look. It does take focus and knowing to look but truly looking brings so much more knowing. Beautiful pictures, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find! Don't you wish you dared bring it inside? I found something similar in the woods in NC last year, let it dry out, sprayed the you know what out of it to kill the critters, and I STILL don't want it indoors. But it's pretty cool out in the garden. I'm sure it's completely re-infested now.

    ReplyDelete