Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Nest

Before I completely overwhelm my readers with pictures of flowers I think I should draw the posts about my trip to Rockhound State Park to a close by showing you the inside of my little Casita Travel Trailer. I frequently refer to it as a nest.



The back is a table for four that can be lowered into a double bed. I keep it as a bed all of the time. When afternoons are hot, windy, or I am just in the mood for a nap it is a comfortable place to retreat to. As you can see the boys understood its function completely.
The is the small table for two that I leave up all of the time (it also converts into a very narrow bed). It is a space to eat, read, write, and store things. At night I could eat my dinner while watching the lights of Deming blink on one at a time; beautiful.



A lot of my time in the nest was spent reading: a little inner exploration, New Mexico history, tourist information, and a curiosity to see what houses in the area are going for.
Here I am sitting on the edge of the big bed taking a picture towards the front of the trailer. Behind the door with the mirror was the bathroom: toilet, sink, and shower. To the far right is the microwave, and just the tip top of the refrigerator and freezer. My little Casita is just perfect for me and the boys.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to have a good view of the Casita -- it's always nice to have the "place" of a friend's musings in mind. It looks like a perfect set-up.

    ReplyDelete