Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodies from Amazon.com

The mail lady brought such treasures today.

The road atlas and the book on National Parks of the West were purchased because my older editions were from 2003 and I needed to update before I started planning any road trips.

The Casita Travel Trailer is in the process of having all its systems overhauled. It has been sitting so long that I didn’t dare even light the stove until I made sure that all of the connections for the gas were in good order. I know it needed new tires, an anode for the heater, and one of the power outlets didn’t work. I have no idea what it will cost to overhaul it, but whatever the cost, it will be worth it.

The copy of “500 Handmade Books” was added to my Amazon order because I was a few cents short of the $25 purchase needed for free shipping. I am aware that this was not an economically wise decision, but a little eye candy never hurt anyone.

I think I will brew a pot of tea, ignore the work that needs to be done, curl up on the sofa to fondle my new books.

3 comments:

  1. there is always work that "needs" to be done....but book fondling should never be put off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I didn't. I am glad, there is a lot of inspirition in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that free shipping temptation. The Devil is in that, for sure. I always fall for it. And then Jer tells me we need new bookcases. Can't figure out why.....

    ReplyDelete